- 4 sections, 21 chapters, 95 pages.
- Each chapter includes Objectives, Introduction, Key Concepts, Additional Resources, and Take Home Pointers.
- Techniques to save time with your patients.
- Concepts to better communicate with patients.
- Approaches to avoid malpractice lawsuits.
- Useful to physicians and practitioners.
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: The Science of Emotions
Chapter 3: Communicating with the Patient
Chapter 4: Practice Management and Office Staff
Chapter 5: The Physician's Negative Emotions
Chapter 6: The Diagnosis of Difficult Behavior
Chapter 7: Ruling Out Organic Causes
Chapter 8: Management Techniques: Overview
Chapter 9: The Talkative Patient
Chapter 10: The Non-Compliant Patient
Chapter 11: The Angry Patient
Chapter 12: The Demanding, Complaining, Manipulative Patient
Chapter 13: The Patient with Multiple, Vague Symptoms
Chapter 14: The Patient from a Different Culture
Chapter 15: The Managed Care Patient
Chapter 16: The Patient who Abuses Alcohol or Drugs
Chapter 17: Sharing Bad News
Chapter 18: The Patient with an Adverse Outcomes
Chapter 19: The Terminally-Ill Patient
Chapter 20: Ending the Doctor-Patient Relationship
Chapter 21: Success Stories